1. MODIFICATIONSWe reserve the right at any time to:
2. ACCESSYou must obtain access to the Internet and pay any service fees associated with such access to use the Site. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary for you to access the Internet. You are and will remain solely responsible for the purchase, hookup, installation, loading, operation and maintenance of any hardware, software, telephone (cable or other) service, and the Internet access service to your personal computer and for all related costs. You are solely responsible for scanning your hardware and software for computer viruses and other related problems before you use them. We expressly disclaim any liability or responsibility for any errors or failures relating to the malfunction or failure of your hardware or software in connection with the use of the Site or Offerings.
3. ELIGIBILITYYou represent and warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if you are under the age of eighteen (18) you are at least the age of thirteen (13) and are accessing the Site with the knowledge and consent of your parent or legal guardian, who will also be deemed to have agreed to this Agreement. Certain features on this Site (including, but not limited to, user registration) and certain Offerings may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. Herbalife products and the Herbalife business opportunity cannot be offered, shipped into or sold in any country outside of those countries that are previously authorized by Herbalife. For a list of such countries, please click here: . Herbalife is expanding its sales into other markets, accordingly please check for updates periodically.
4. HERBALIFE INDEPENDENT DISTRIBUTORSHerbalife products and services are sold through Herbalife’s network of Independent Distributors. To purchase Herbalife goods or services, you do not have to become an Independent Distributor. If, however, you are interested in starting your own home-based business as an Herbalife Independent Distributor, please see our section.
5. HERBALIFE CUSTOMER GUARANTEEHerbalife guarantees the quality of any product which carries the Herbalife name and certifies that the products manufactured for it meet high standards of freshness and purity for customer use. We are confident that our customers will find our products satisfactory in every way. However, if for any reason, a retail customer is not completely satisfied with any Herbalife product purchased from Herbalife.com, we offer an exchange or a full refund (excluding shipping charges). Simply request a refund from Herbalife within thirty (30) days from your receipt of the product by contacting our Customer Service Department at Herbalife.com. This guarantee is limited only by the terms of certain specific warranties attached to or packaged with certain products and does not apply to any product intentionally damaged or misused.
6. YOUR INFORMATION AND YOUR PRIVACYIf you provide information to the Site, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about you were requested and you agree to maintain and update such information as appropriate. We will use and maintain any information about you that we collect through the Site in accordance with our , located at .
7. USER FORUMS
Forums, bulletin boards, chat rooms or other interactive areas that are or may be offered on the Site ("User Forums") are provided to give users a forum to express their opinions and share their ideas and information. The individual who posts content in the User Forums ("Community Content") is responsible for the reliability, accuracy, and truthfulness of such content, and we have no control over the same. Additionally, we have no control over whether any such posted material is of a nature that users will find offensive, distasteful or otherwise unacceptable and expressly disclaims any responsibility for such material.We do not and cannot review every message posted by users in the User Forums, and is not responsible for the content of these messages or the views or opinions expressed by the users of the User Forums. Information disclosed in the User Forums is by design revealed to the public. We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to delete, move or edit content, in whole or in part, submitted by you to the Site for any reason in our sole discretion. In addition, we may delete, move, edit or disclose the contents of messages when it is required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such action is necessary to protect and defend our rights and property or to protect the safety of our users or the public. In no event do we assume any obligation to monitor the User Forums or remove any specific material. You understand that the uploading to and/or posting of any Community Content in any User Forum shall not be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Company, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Community Content.
(a) Restrictions on Use
In consideration for your use of the User Forums and functionality, you agree to comply with the "Community Guidelines" set forth below. Without limiting our other rights and remedies, individuals who violate the following Community Guidelines may, at our sole discretion, be permanently banned from using the Site:
8. USE OF E-MAIL ADDRESSES PROVIDED BY THE SITEWhen using any e-mail address provided to you on or through the Site or other Offerings, you agree to use such email address in accordance with all applicable laws and not to transmit to any person or entity:
9. OUR PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
This Site and all of the content it contains, or may in the future contain, including but not limited to articles, opinions, other text, directories, guides, photographs, illustrations, images, video and audio clips and advertising copy, as well as the trademarks, copyrights, logos, domain names, code, trade names, service marks, patents and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code) and/or any other form of intellectual property (collectively, the "Material") are owned by or licensed to us or other authorized third parties and are protected from unauthorized use, copying and dissemination by copyright, trademark, publicity and other laws and by international treaties. Unless expressly permitted in writing by us, you shall not capture, reproduce, perform, transfer, sell, license, modify, create derivative works from or based upon, republish, reverse engineer, upload, edit, post, transmit, publicly display, frame, link, distribute, or exploit in whole or in part any of the Material. Nothing contained in this Agreement or on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Material in any manner without the prior written consent of us or such third party that may own the Material or intellectual property displayed on the Site. UNAUTHORIZED USE, COPYING, REPRODUCTION, MODIFICATION, PUBLICATION, REPUBLICATION, UPLOADING, FRAMING, DOWNLOADING, POSTING, TRANSMITTING, DISTRIBUTING, DUPLICATING OR ANY OTHER MISUSE OF ANY OF THE MATERIAL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Any use of the Material other than as permitted by this Agreement will constitute a violation of this Agreement and may constitute copyright and/or patent infringement. You agree not to use the Material for any unlawful purposes and not to violate our rights or the rights of others. You agree not to interfere (or permit the use of your membership by a third party to interfere) with the normal processes or use of the Site by other members, including without limitation by attempting to access administrative areas of the Site. You agree to report any violation of this Agreement by others that you become aware of. You are advised that we will aggressively enforce our rights to the fullest extent of the law. We may add, change, discontinue, remove or suspend any of the Material at any time, without notice and without liability. Herbalife, our logo, and the name of the products produced, marketed, sold or distributed by the Herbalife, are trademarks and/or service marks of Herbalife International of America, Inc., or its affiliates. All other trademarks, service marks, and logos used on the Site or other Offerings are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
10. MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATIONCertain areas of the Site may require registration or may otherwise ask you to provide information to participate in certain features or to access certain content. The Site practices governing your personal information are disclosed in its . The decision to provide this information is purely voluntary and optional; however, if you elect not to provide such information, you may not be able to access certain content or participate in certain features of the Site. If you register with the Site, you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account, email or password, if any, and agree you will not sell, transfer or assign your membership, any membership rights or any Site issued email address. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, if any, and for restricting access to your computer so that others may not access the password protected portion of the Site or your Site issued email account using your name in whole or in part. we may, in our sole discretion, and at any time, with or without notice, terminate your password and membership, for any reason or no reason at all.
11. IDEA SUBMISSIONSWe are pleased to hear from users and welcome your comments regarding Herbalife’s services and products. Nevertheless, our long-standing company policy does not allow it to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those it has specifically requested (see below). While we value your feedback on our services and products, we request that you be specific in your comments on those services and products, and that you not submit any creative ideas, suggestions, or materials. We hope you will understand that it is the intent of this policy to avoid the possibility of future misunderstandings when projects developed by us or our affiliates' professional staff might seem to others to be similar to their own creative work. Accordingly, we ask that you do not send us any original creative materials such as show designs, photographs, drawings, or original artwork.
If you send or post certain specific submissions at our request (e.g., via message boards or in connection with contests) or if you send us creative suggestions, ideas, notes, photographs, drawings, concepts, or any other information (each, a "Submission" and collectively, the "Submissions") despite our request that you not send us any unsolicited Submissions or other creative materials, the Submission will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary in each instance. For purposes of this Paragraph, all Community Content shall be deemed included in the definition of Submissions. None of the Submissions shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of us, and we shall not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions. Any Submission may be used by us without restriction for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast or posting, and you hereby irrevocably waive, release and give up any claim that any use of such Submission violates any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, privacy rights, proprietary or other property rights, publicity rights, or right to credit for the material or ideas. We shall have and are irrevocably granted the right, but not the obligation, to reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, broadcast, license, perform, post, sell, translate, incorporate, create derivative works from, distribute and otherwise use the Submission in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, without according you any compensation or credit. By submitting a Submission to this Site or us, you represent that such Submission is original with you and does not violate or infringe upon the rights of any third parties, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights and rights of publicity and/or privacy. All Submissions to the Site and/or us shall be our sole property and will not be acknowledged or returned. You agree and understand that we are not obligated to use any Submission you make to the Site or us and you have no right to compel such use. You hereby acknowledge and agree that your relationship with us is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that your decision to submit any material to us does not place us in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to your Submission. You understand and acknowledge that we have wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by our own employees. Many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar or identical to your Submission in theme, idea, plot, format or other respects. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of our use of any such similar or identical material. Finally, you acknowledge that, with respect to any claim you may have relating to or arising out of a our actual or alleged exploitation or use of any material you submit to the Site and/or us, the damage, if any, thereby caused will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle you to injunctive or other equitable relief or to in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of any production based on or allegedly based on the material, and your rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
12. COPYRIGHTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENTS
Herbalife respects the intellectual property of others and we ask our users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Herbalife has designated a Copyright Agent to receive notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Site. Herbalife’s Copyright Agent, Julian Cacchioli, may be reached at JulianC@herbalife.com.If you believe that any Community Content infringes the copyright in a work that is owned or controlled by you or if you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please promptly provide Herbalife’s Copyright Agent the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
13. PROMOTIONSThis Site may contain sweepstakes, contests or other promotions that require you to send material or information about yourself. Please note that sweepstakes, contests or promotions offered via the Site may be, and often are, governed by a separate set of rules that, in addition to describing such sweepstakes, contest or promotion, may have eligibility requirements, such as certain age or geographic area restrictions, terms and conditions governing the use of material you submit, and disclosures about how your personal information may be used. It is your responsibility to read such rules to determine whether or not you want to and are eligible to participate, register and/or enter. By entering any such sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, you agree to comply with abide by such rules and the decisions of the sponsor(s) identified therein, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
14. LINKSWe may provide links to third party web sites or resources. Our provision of such links is not an endorsement of any information, product or service reached through such link. We are not responsible for the content or performance of any portion of the Internet including other Worldwide Websites to which the Site may be linked for from which the Site may be accessed. You are requested to inform us of any errors or inappropriate material found on Websites to which this Site is or may be linked.
15. ERRORSAlthough we attempt to maintain the integrity of the Site and other Offerings, we make no guarantee as to the accuracy or completeness of the Site or other Offerings. If you believe that you have discovered an error in the Site or other Offerings, please contact us at 866-617-4273 and include, if possible, a description of the error, its URL location and your contact information. We will make reasonable efforts to address your concerns.
16. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITYYOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE AND ALL MATERIAL AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CONTAINED ON IT ARE DISTRIBUTED "AS IS" "AS AVAILABLE" "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY BY JURISDICTION.
YOU AGREE THAT WE AND OUR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, LICENSORS AND ASSIGNS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASED PARTIES"), ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OR RESULTING IN ANY WAY FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE, THE OFFERINGS, THE USER FORUMS, THE MATERIAL, OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ITS TECHNICAL OPERATION OR THE MATERIAL, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER CAUSED IN WHOLE OR IN PART BY NEGLIGENCE, ACTS OF GOD, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, THIS SITE OR ITS RELATED INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION IN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY REASON OR ANY CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN AN AMOUNT GREATER THAN FIFTY DOLLARS ($50). SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, AND/OR THE DISCLAIMER OF SOME TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE MIGHT NOT APPLY TO YOU.
BY ACCESSING THIS SITE, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE WAIVING RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO CLAIMS THAT ARE AT THIS TIME UNKNOWN OR UNSUSPECTED, AND IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH WAIVER, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVE, THE BENEFITS OF SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA, AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY, WHICH PROVIDES AS FOLLOWS: "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR."We make no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the completeness, accuracy, currency or adequacy of any information, facts, views, opinions, statements or recommendations contained on this Site, in any Offering and/or the Material. Reference to any product, process, publication or service of any third party by trade name, domain name, trademark, service mark, logo, manufacturer or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement or recommendation by us. Views and opinions of users of this Site do not necessarily state or reflect those of Herbalife. Users are responsible for seeking the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the information, opinions, advice or content available at this Site. The Internet may be subject to breaches of security. We are not responsible for any resulting damage to any user's computer from any such security breach, or from any virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line failure or any other technical or other malfunction. You should also be aware that email submissions over the Internet may not be secure, and you should consider this before submitting any information to anyone over the internet. We make no representation or warranty whatsoever regarding the suitability, functionality, availability or operation of this Site. This Site may be temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment.
17. INDEMNIFICATIONBY USING THIS SITE YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD THE RELEASED PARTIES HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIMS, ALLEGED CLAIMS, DEMANDS, CAUSES OF ACTION, JUDGMENTS, DAMAGES, LOSSES, LIABILITIES, AND ALL COSTS AND EXPENSES OF DEFENSE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO: YOUR BREACH OF YOUR REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, COVENANTS OR AGREEMENTS HEREUNDER; YOUR VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY LAW; YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND/OR THE MATERIAL IN VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT; INFORMATION OR MATERIAL POSTED OR TRANSMITTED THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER OR MEMBERSHIP ACCOUNT, EVEN IF NOT SUBMITTED BY YOU, THAT INFRINGES ANY COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, TRADE SECRET, TRADE DRESS, PATENT, PUBLICITY, PRIVACY OR OTHER RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR DEFAMES ANY PERSON; ANY MISREPRESENTATION MADE BY YOU; AND/OR OUR USE OF YOUR INFORMATION. YOU WILL COOPERATE AS FULLY AND AS REASONABLY REQUIRED IN COMPANY'S DEFENSE OF ANY CLAIM. COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ITS OWN EXPENSE, TO ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER OTHERWISE SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU, AND YOU SHALL NOT IN ANY EVENT SETTLE ANY SUCH MATTER WITHOUT OUR WRITTEN CONSENT.
18. TERMINATION; MODIFICATIONWe will determine your compliance with this Agreement in our sole discretion and our decision shall be final and binding. Any violation of this Agreement may result in restrictions on your access to all or part of the Site (including any Web Property or email address provided by the Site) and may be referred to law enforcement authorities. No waiver of any of this Agreement shall be of any force or effect unless made in writing and signed by a duly authorized officer of Herbalife. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue this Site, or any portion thereof (including, without limitation, any particular Web Property that resides on the Bizwork Platorm) without notice to you or any third party. Upon termination of your membership or access to the Site, or upon demand by Herbalife, you must destroy all materials obtained from this Site and all related documentation and all copies and installations thereof. You are advised that we will aggressively enforce our rights to the fullest extent of the law. If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect. The section titles in this Agreement are for your convenience only and do not have any legal or contractual effect.
19. UNITED STATES LAWWe operate the Site in the United States. Information contained on this Site may not be appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to this Site from territories where the content of the Site may be illegal is prohibited. If you choose to access the Site or other Offerings from locations outside of the United States, you are responsible for compliance with local laws if, and to the extent that, such local laws are applicable. All software used on the Site or other Offerings is subject to U.S. export controls. No such software may be downloaded or otherwise exported or re-exported (i) into (or to a national or resident of) Cuba, Burma, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ivory Coast, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Iran, Syria, Sudan, Venezuela or any other country to which the U.S. has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using any such software, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to limit the availability of the Site or other Offerings to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction at any time.
20. MISCELLANEOUSThe laws of the United States, State of California apply to this Agreement (without regard to California’s conflict of law principles that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws) and will specifically not be governed by the United Nations Conventions on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, if otherwise applicable. Any dispute between you and us must be brought before state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County, California within ninety (90) days after the occurrence of the facts giving rise to the cause of action, otherwise the cause shall be forever barred. You hereby consent and submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Los Angeles, California for any cause of action relating to or arising under this Agreement or the Site.
21. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTSResidents of the State of California, under the California Civil Code, have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties, if any, to which the company has disclosed Personal Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes (e.g., requests made in 2010 will receive information about 2009 sharing activities). We comply with this law by offering our visitors the ability to tell us not to share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write Herbalife at: Herbalife International of America, Inc. P.O. Box 80210 Los Angeles, CA 90080-0210 USA You must include this Site as the subject line, and your full name, e-mail address, and postal address in your message. Please note that any request under this Paragraph will be limited to Herbalife's use and disclosure of your personal information. You will need to make the same request of your Herbalife Independent Distributor if you would like to obtain information about any disclosure that he or she has made of your personal information.
22. ABILITY TO ACCEPT AGREEMENTYou affirm that you are 18 years of age or older and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
23. CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our Site, any Offerings or this Agreement, you may contact us at 866-617-4273.Last Revised on January 4, 2011. © 2011 Herbalife International of America. All Rights Reserved.